Let A Locksmith Rekey Your Existing Locks
So you’re looking for a locksmith who can rekey your locks?
Customers regularly call Temple Locksmiths and Security requesting to “change their locks”, or to install new locks.
There is another option, we can ‘rekey’ your locks, that’s where we install new parts in your existing locks to ensure the old key no longer works in the lock and new keys do.
Should You Rekey Your Locks?
There are several reasons why a customer may require their locks to be rekeyed, these can include:
- The customer has just moved into a new property and would like new keys so the old keys no longer work
- There is a situation where keys have been issued to an individual whom the owner of the property no longer wants to have access to the building so new keys are required
- The locks have become ‘clicky’ as the existing locks are old and worn
- The building is a new construction or recently renovated and the occupant wants the locks changed as various builders have had access to the property so want to re-establish the security of the premises
- The owner has lost the keys and requires new keys to be made.
If any of the above scenarios apply to you, then we can help you with all of your lock rekeying requirements. Feel confident as we have fully qualified locksmiths with many years of experience in the industry to assist in you.
Why Rekey Your Locks?
Rekeying your locks is a great way to improve your security without having to replace your entire lock system. We can rekey your locks to work with a new key, or we can rekey them to work with your existing key. Either way, you’ll be able to rest assured knowing that your locks will operate correctly with the highest standard.
How We Can Help You
After an initial discussion with the customer to determine their requirements, we’ll often request the customer take some photos of their locks and text or email them to us, we can then ascertain what locks are in the doors which assists in giving accurate advice based on what is actually in the clients doors.
Temple Locksmiths and Security then use these images to make an informed observation of the quality and style of lock before visiting the customer and to help give accurate pricing and options over the telephone.
Once we’ve been able to identify what locks exist at a property, we can then recommend the Rekey service.
What’s Involved In Rekeying A Lock?
When we Rekey your existing locks, we’ll firstly check a few details:
- We test to see if the locks are currently working correctly
- We’ll confirm the type of key profile or the shape of the key that exists for that lock
- We’ll check for any play or wear in the locking components.
Once our trade and industry qualified technician has examined the locks, they’ll then begin to remove the locks from the doors. Once the lock body is disassembled, we’ll then look at the internal lock cylinder and take that component apart.
Once isolated the lock cylinder will be stripped down and serviced, we replace the internal springs and all the small parts inside, we’ll introduce a new set of keys to the lock cylinder and recode it to match the new keys. The lock cylinder will be reassembled and during the process it will be thoroughly cleaned and checked for any worn surfaces or irregularities, lubricated and tested for correct operation.
The cylinder will be reinstalled to the lock body and then the entire assembly will be reinstalled into the door, checked for correct and accurate fitment, alignment and locking integrity.
Another beneficial feature of a lock Rekey is that we can offer a ‘Keyed Alike’ service. This means we can recode all of the locks with the same key profile to operate off of only one key.
Temple Locksmiths and Security can also Rekey your locks to a Restricted Key System, we offer a High Security system called Secure 6 a proudly manufactured Australian product.
Installing or retrofitting Secure 6 into your property upgrades the security level on the doors, adds a level of key access control and we can master key the property to control access even more.
Why Choose Us?
There are many good reasons to choose Temple Locksmiths & Security for your rekeying needs. Here are just a few of the reasons why we stand out from the rest:
- We’re fully qualified and trade approved locksmiths with many years of experience in the industry.
- We pride ourselves on our old-fashioned service and our ability to provide the latest in security technology products and knowledge.
- We’re police checked with Victoria Police, so you can rest assured that your security is in good hands.
How long does it take to rekey a lock?
The process of rekeying a property depends on the type of locks and the number of locks being changed. Speak to our locksmiths today to get an accurate answer on your specific situation.
What are the benefits of rekeying my locks?
There are various benefits to rekeying your locks, including added security, convenience, and peace of mind. Knowing with confidence that any old key to the property will no longer have access after the rekey service is completed.
How much does it cost to rekey a lock?
The cost of rekeying a lock depends on the type of lock, the number of locks being changed, and the location of the property. Call us today for a free quote over the phone.
When you’re looking for a reliable and experienced locksmith to rekey your locks, Temple Locksmiths & Security is the perfect choice. Call us on 0468 333 500 to find out more, we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions.